Thursday, January 27, 2011

To Be An Aerobics Instructor Or Not To Be....

Lately I've been thinking about becoming an aerobics instructor.  I've been looking at ISSA and AFAA, but am a little confused about the prerequisites for certification.  I have sent a message to one of my friends who is an instructor, so hopefully she gets back to me soon because I really want to sign up for a certification class soon.  It would solve an issue I've been having about work and working out.  I figure this way, if I miss a workout, it's okay because my job is still active. Plus I enjoy instructing other people.  I've worked out with my friends and family for years and avidly read about fitness when I was younger, so I would correct the way they were doing exercises so they wouldn't A) injure themselves and B) so they would get the most out of the exercise. 

Also, if I was an aerobics instructor, it would give me more time to write and promote my books. Then maybe I could get paid to do two things I love! The only thing I'm worried about as an aerobics instructor is having to deal with someone who needs to be resuscitated. Even though I have to get my CPR certification in order to be an aerobics instructor, just the thought of having to use it scares the beejezus out of me. And who wants to put their mouth on a sweaty stranger?  I mean ewww gross.  I don't know.

Oh, and I know I haven't been keeping up with my workout journal like I should, but I have been working out, despite what my spotty record keeping skills say.  In fact, I'm going to spin tonight at 6 pm and then I have a great Zuzana workout I'm going to follow it up with.  Also, since I reached my goal of running two miles in 20 minutes, I set a new goal of being able to run three miles in 30 minutes and I'm only .15 miles away from accomplishing my new goal.  WooHoo!  Now if I could stay focused on my singing, dancing and writing goals, my life would be perfect....and I would probably be a robot. 

Well I hope you have a fantabulous day and I'll be back soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment